Monday, May 30, 2011

surname


well, It's been a while again.
though it's completely relevant to this blog I didn't mention the big painting I was working on was for a small group show at good bro, short film contributor, and huge fucking help joey's house.
I slightly regret not really inviting anyone, but I figured 50% of the people there would just be there for a party. It was a good experience though. I'll be glad to do another one when the chance arrives. overall I got the response I'd hoped for. There were talks of potential sales (I'm told) but I've hardly titled, let alone priced anything I brought with me. So next time.
Considering how almost superfluously personal it is to paint your stream of consciousness I wasn't nervous for anyone to see it. I've seen and read and thought the text so many times I forget it can come across as almost personally offensive.
there's something of a review here with a snippet about one of my pieces 3.5 paragraphs after the photo.
haha, but I plan on phasing out the text gradually
in bigger pieces anyway.
maybe work on some subjects more subtle
I don't know. But after a droning day at work, I feel motivated to keep painting. I can't look forward to dreading every fucking monday for the rest of my life
It's not only repetitive, but an accumulative hate. the more I actually spend time doing the things I love on weekends, the harder it is to deal with another starting work week
to the point where I dread really enjoying a weekend.
that's fucked up. It's about time for a step forward

No comments:

Post a Comment