Thursday, January 5, 2012

new years made us this way

I wish I had more time to post. I guess I could've over the week I had off, but I didn't. To recap, I saw (almost)everyone I wanted to see over the holiday. And it was real good. Everyone includes kanye and jay z
Thanks to my favorite person of the year I got to slap him five(with the rest of the front 2 rows). It was emotionally exhausting. In a good way. Not something that I have the time to even describe right now. My failed attempt at competing with such a gift was buying him the Glow in the Dark biographical photo essay and drawing this picture
at least it was an effort. There was visiting home briefly and that's as nice as it is every year. there was new years, which was poorly planned but ended up being one of my favorites so far. i got this drunk with five people and didn't even stain my shirt
and also I found out I'll be doing an installation for the ministry of casual living on the 20th, so between working 40-48 hours a week at my retarded dayjob, and preparing everything I want to have prepared for the installation, there's been little time for anything. I'm approaching this display a lot more seriously than the last. I had no idea what the feedback would be like in Spring and also didn't really care because it was 70% just a house party, and the shit i submitted was mostly stuff i just had around the house. I'm actually having fun with this one. On a similar note, one of the few awesome people still surviving in poop town messaged me asking if I want to do some art for his line, in his shop which is the only good shop in poop town. So when I'm not sleeping, working, eating or painting something else I'm planning on doing that. Aside from those two things, the first quarter of 2012 will entail me attempting to get maybe a portfolio together, if not just to have an archive of my work. I've noticed it's all kind of just in piles around my house and that's not very practical. Maybe I'll do some submissions too. Anyways. I'll post you when more relevant stuff happens or I have the time to articulate some thoughts because I've had lots of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment